Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 1 Summary

As usual Week 1 was very interesting. I thought, going in, that it was a difficult slate of games. There were numerous division match ups, and good teams on the road.

The results show that it was difficult! Of the 38 entries, 15 picked a losing team. Most had either KC or CLE, but one had DEN.

Talk about lucky, I took NYJ. I thought they would easily handle DAL at home. They didn't "handle" them at all, but won when Romo fell apart at the end.

Kevin Whatley, playing for the second time, advanced to Week 2 in the winner's bracket for the first time. I only mention this because he was embarrassed last year when I called him out in the summary.

Historical Week1 Losses:

1999 - 23 of 41
2000 - 4 of 51 (7.81%)
2001 - 25 of 59
2002 - 13 of 55
2003 - 39 of 55
2004 - 3 of 55 (5.45%)
2005 - 26 of 58
2006 - 4 of 62 (6.45%)
2007 - 5 of 50
2008 - 25 of 45
2009 - 1 of 44 - BEST EVER
2010 - 6 of 43
2011 - 15 of 38

Check out 2003...now that was a tough Week1.

Counts:

23 vying for first
15 in with a second chance


No comments: