My friend Dave Parker passed away from leukemia this week. Dave was sick over the past year, but was thought to be in remission when he was found at his home on Thursday.
Dave moved to Atlanta about a year before we moved to Benton, LA. As with many similar situations we talked less and less often, but Dave always played King of the Hill and through this mechanism we continued to communicate.
Dave was a great guy, and we had plenty of good times together, mostly on the golf course, when we played regularly at River Chase in Coppell, TX. I was actually one of the witnesses to a hole-in-one Dave had at RiverChase. And who can forget his laugh, a deep uck uck uck. I'm sure I'll hear someone laugh like that in years to come and I'll say that guy laughs like Dave Parker.
I am praying for his family and hope they are doing well.
Tim Krisher works with Dave and will continue to make his pick. I see that Dave had SD this week. I'm not sure if Dave placed that entry or if Tim made the pick. If Tim did not make the pick and can't figure out the account password, Dave's picks will be played separately and will be posted on the blog. If his pick wins out Tim will direct the prize money to his daughters.
George
No comments:
Post a Comment