Monday, December 29, 2008

Week 17 - The End

For the first time there is a three way tie at the top. Also for the first time the winners have a loss.

Going into Week 17 Matthew Valcho, Gabe Cate, and Ralph Berry were tied at 15-1. I figured there were some easy games this week, but I didn't figure that each contestant would have a different pick. Matthew picked Atlanta, Gabe picked Pittsburgh, and Ralph had Baltimore. When I saw these selections I thought one just might lose. Then the games began. Pittsburgh crushed Cleveland, Baltimore crushed Jacksonville, but Atlanta was in tight against St. Louis, could Matthew be the one who gets KO'ed? No! Fortunately, Atlanta pulled it out with 45 yard touchdown run late in the fourth quarter.

So all three ended up at 16-1 and will split both first and second place money. Each receives $513.33.

Of special note, Ralph Berry is the second repeat champion, joining my father as a King of the Hill master.

Until next year...Here We Go Steelers!

George

1 comment:

gm said...

Hey George-
Thanks for being the "commish" again this year. As always, I enjoyed the weekly competition; just hoping for my chance at King of the Hill next year!

Say hi to you family from the Minces!
Geoff